Sunday, April 10, 2016

The Aging and Disability Resource Center Volunteer Recognition Event


My brother, Mike, and I met in Waukesha today for the Waukesha County Volunteer Recognition Event.  I am a volunteer guardian for a woman whose responsible county is Waukesha.  I asked Mike to join me last year when I went and we had such a good time.  It only seemed fitting that I asked him to come again this year.





 At the end of the meal the Schlitz Audubon Nature Center came to give a presentation on owls, which was really neat!  They brought three owls with them to show us.  The one pictured above is a barn owl.









Mike and I arrived early so we'd have more time together.  I took the opportunity to give him his birthday present (which isn't until June) since I won't see him at that time.   Mike has always loved planes and anything aviation.  I found this signed and numbered lithograph at an estate sale of a former pilot.
I also found out on Facebook that it is National Siblings' Day!  It is quite apropos that we spent most of the day together!

No comments:

Post a Comment